Peaceful Heart Yoga, Westminster, Md – A New Kind of Yoga Class
• Our goal is to help you feel better. If you are living life with an ache, pain, stress or disability you can benefit from yoga. Through slow movements that strengthen and a focus on breathing that leads to calming and healing, you will leave each class rejuvenated. Terri Smith, your teacher also has a background in special disabilities and wants to work one-on-one with you to address your issues, in class or in a private session.
Peaceful Heart Yoga is for every’body’:
- Beginner yoga, more advanced yoga
- Chair Yoga – can be used to help you continue to exercise with a bad knee and other injuries
- Yoga for Children
- Private lessons for small groups and individuals
- Learn more about our classes
We are redefining yoga! If you think yoga is too hard for you or is about bending into a pretzel, then try out our class and you will be surprised! When your body hurts you tend to stop exercising and stretching but both of these can ease the pain and help you get better. We offer yoga classes that allows changes or modifications depending on where your pain or ache is located. We only have you do what your body can do and take special care that the movements are right for you. Try our yoga class and be surprised how good you feel.
About Terri Smith, Owner Peaceful Heart Yoga, Westminster, MD, Carroll County
Practicing yoga is her lifeline for a calm mind, healthy body, and peaceful heart. She began her yoga journey in 2006 to help deal with stress, asthma, chronic back pain from multiple back injuries, and degenerative disc disease.
Yoga was an unexpected life-changing gift that taught her the importance of breathing and how our breath, body, and spirit are connected. The slow guided movements strengthened her core and her spine. It allowed her back to heal and become stronger so she could function without manageable pain.
In 2017, she was inspired to train, under the guidance of Michelle Allen, for the 200-hour yoga teacher program with Charm City Yoga/YogaWorks, so she could share her passion with others. To further her knowledge and practice, she completed Max Strom’s Inner Axis Intensive Teacher Training Workshop on incorporating breath-based yoga movement and mindfulness into daily practice and Yoga for Seniors training.
Additional certifications include: Certified Trauma-Informed Yoga Instructor and Certified ChildLight Yoga and Mindfulness for Children Instructor..
Her goal is to help others feel better and would enjoy showing you the benefits of yoga. She compassionately teaches inclusive private lessons and yoga classes for children and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Adult classes focus on yoga as moving meditation; mindfulness, alignment, and movement coordinated with breath to help still the mind. She encourages the use of modifications and props to ease into poses and enhance practice.
- Children’s classes are fun, educational, interactive, and full of music. She teaches children the importance of their breath and how to self-calm. She is a specially trained Trauma-Informed Yoga Instructor so all Peaceful Heart classes are taught in a safe, supportive manner and environment for comfort and healing. She also plans to offer classes in the future to teach children to reduce stress or focus better for those with ADHD ADD symptoms.
Yoga has transformed her life and it is her wish to help others from ages 2 to 100+. Yoga truly is for every “body”. Life is breath and yoga is the foundation that connects us with our breath to help us live mindfully and joyfully with a Peaceful Heart! Namaste.
Try a Peaceful Heart Class Today. View the schedule and register. Questions? Email or Call Terri At (443) 605-4196
View Schedule and Register
Book Your Appt: Sandra Canby (443) 605-4196 Royal Therapeutic Massage & Services
NEW LOCATION Nov 5, 2017, 902 Washington Rd, Suite A, Westminster, Md, 21157 Learn More